Celts-Hawks

Evals for last night's game:

Walker was a lot better last night, and combined well with Brown. He made some very nice passes, including one behind-the-back beauty to an onrushing train (the Lvov-Odessa Express). Still gets no love from opposing PFs and Cs, who keep rejecting him. Looks smaller (not necessarily leaner) than last week, which is what you'd expect from a lot of running in practices.

Brown - the anti-Kenny. Things were clicking defensively and offensively from the opening tap, primarily because of him. Is a prime of example of the right mindset and intensity being more important than so-called basketball talent. If Pitino lets his buddy Kenny screw things up while Randy sits, maybe they should both take a ride to the countryside in Papile's Caddy. However, the mood vis-a-vis Kenny might be changing in Camp Pitino, if Heinsohn's all-game-long bashing of Kenny is any indication.

Stith - didn't have a great game, but should be a more than adequate replacement for Cheaney.

McCarty - had a decent game, for him, which means he didn't look like a 6-11 8-year-old, but instead maybe a 12-year-old. For all his vaunted defensive abilities, registered 0 rebounds, steals, or blocks in 12 min.

Herren a/k/a The Guy Fans Can Identify With - not impressive in this game, probably because of trying too hard, but seems to have some ability. Has a Southie perma-scowl and sounded pissed off in the clips they played of his press conference.

Battie - the Spirit was with him last night.

Moiso - the Spirit was not with him last night. [I'm developing a new theory, the first part of which proposes that the Spirit can not be in both Battie and Moiso at the same time. I'm hoping that the second part will prove to be that the Spirit MUST be in one of them on any given night. Not that I believe in Spirits or anything.]

Williams - doing his thing. If Pitino, unlike last year, will continue letting him do his thing, he'll be very helpful.

Pot - didn't lend much support either to his detractors or his boosters.

Griffin - quiet game, seems to be getting a bit more comfortable.

Miskiri/Mike/Rodney - why are we going through this again?

Kestas