Observations from Left Field

Just some of my observations:

The team will play much better when the fringe players are gone.

Herren plays like he has a chip on his shoulder -- I like that.

Brown will be a bigger plus this season than anyone has expected.

We REALLY miss Paul on the court.

Walker had more dunks last night than I ever remember but please -- no more
lob attempts -- he can't get up that high! He's also trying too hard to
compensate for Paul's absence and has to trust his teammates more.

No one's mentioned it but Eric Williams is playing defense (or at least
trying hard).

Moiso will contribute significantly this season but there will still be those
nights.

When it was first said that Kenny wasn't there last night I was hoping
something was in the works. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

I like Blount and was disappointed that he was given the night off.

I don't want to see VP traded to Denver.  That's not to say I wouldn't mind
him being traded in a better deal but he'll be better this year even tho he
hasn't looked good so far this preseason.

Chris Carr is this year's flop.

George