Moiso speaks after game vs Spurs

I found this quote rather interesting:

"He was very active," said Celtics Head Coach Rick Pitino. "Most of the time I
thought he was Tony Battie. ....<snip>

me thinks, if Moiso pans out by feb dateline, Battie (not V) is likely trade
bait.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/moiso_001013.html
Rookie notches nine points, eight rebounds and four blocks vs. Spurs
Moiso Impressive in Debut Related Items
San Antonio 100, Boston 80
WORCESTER, Mass., Oct. 13 — Going into last night's contest versus Tim Duncan,
David Robinson and the San Antonio Spurs, Jerome Moiso must have had butterflies
in his stomach.  Jerome Moiso (with Tony Battie) greets fans prior to making his
Celtics debut in Worcester on Thursday night. (Chris Aduama/Boston Celtics)

And for good reason.
The Celtics' 6-10 rookie knew he would get minutes in the paint against Texas'
version of the Twin Towers. But what he did not know was that his performance
would make a mark on his teammates and his coach, as well as his opponents. His
outstanding play down low was the rallying point in his team's biggest and most
impressive run of the evening.
At the end of the night, Moiso's stat line spoke volumes of his play. In 24
minutes, the first-year player, who many called too weak and too light, recorded
eight rebounds and four blocks, both team-highs. He also pitched in nine points.
"I was just trying to get back into the flow," said Moiso, who missed the last
several days of training camp trying to secure his visa in Barbados. "It is
about getting to know my teammates, getting to know the plays better, trying to
find my shot.
"I would say I played okay. It wasn't my greatest game I could have played."
After he watched from the bench for most of the first quarter, Moiso and the
Celtics entered the second quarter trailing 29-18. Less than a minute into the
quarter, he blocked a Samaki Walker shot. The play not only seemed to ease
Moiso's nerves, but also encouraged the Celtics coaching staff to leave him on
the floor.
Moiso repaid their faith, grabbing five boards and blocking two more shots
before the end of the second stanza. By the end of the half, the Celtics had cut
the Spurs led to 53-43.
"He was very active," said Celtics Head Coach Rick Pitino. "Most of the time I
thought he was Tony Battie. He is a very good shooter. We didn't see that when
we drafted him. We knew he was athletic, but he can also hit a shot from 15-16
feet."
His game wasn't without mistakes, as several times he let his man free on the
defensive end of the floor. But he did not get rattled. After letting Steve Kerr
pop out for an open three-point basket, which drew some jeers, Moiso responded
by grabbing a board and putting it back for a quick basket while drawing a foul.
"I know defense is one of the big things I have to find on this team," said
Moiso. "I was just trying to challenge the shot and make it difficult for them
to get shots off."
The biggest compliments of all came from his opponent.
"He's a great shot blocker," said Duncan after the game. "He's very long and
very talented. He shot the ball pretty well, too, which kind of surprised me.
He'll be a talent. He moves well for a guy his size. He is a little light, but
he is a young cat. His body will develop."
Other notables:
Paul Pierce is scheduled to return to training camp on Friday ready to
participate in full-contact scrimmages. "He is ready to go," said Pitino. "He is
feeling no pain. He will be winded, but we'll give him his breaks." ... Eric
Williams, who led the C's in points versus the Bucks on Wednesday night, got
Thursday night off.