Kenny missing the point

The frustration expressed by Pitino at Kenny over the weekend was nice to
see. Hopefully he sticks to his threat to sit him, although Pitino doesn't
have a great record in that department.

The problem is Randy Brown isn't a very good alternative. Pitino is probably
right that the good Toine would take a lot of ball-handling and distributing
chores off of Brown's shoulders, but the evil Toine would be a nightmare if
put in that role.

That's one reason I'm eager to see Chris Herren play. It would be great if
Herren became the guy the Celts need at the point, although that's probably
asking a lot of a second-year guy who couldn't see much court time on a bad
Nuggets team last year (although I think part of the reason he was put on
the injured list is because Cory Alexander refused to be stashed there).

Unbelievable that Pierce may actually play tonight. We should know more
about this team in a week or so, when Pierce, Herren, Stith and Brown are
more comfortable.

Mark