Re: Potential Vitaly trade?

>From: "Troy Hash" <troyhash@kih.net>
>
>Who is playing center now?  NOBODY!!  That is our weakest of many
>week spots.  Potastenko makes Joe Klein look line an allstar!  Get
>rid of Stenko at any cost just to remove that contract.  [...]  No
>way we lose on this.

It's hard to take this seriously when you suggest that Joe Kleine is
an All-Star compared to V.  Potapenko certainly has a number of flaws
in his game (hard hands, still not a good man-to-man defender, not a
good finisher around the basket, seems to want to drive from the top
of the key on offense, that sort of thing), but Kleine couldn't even
beat Gary Grant out for a spot on Portland's playoff roster last year
-- a team that needed a seven-footer in the worst way to combat Shaq.

And, of course, as someone already mentioned, if you don't like V's
$33mil contract, how are you going to feel when Wahad, with his
$40mil contract, starts missing open jumpers?

All in all, a team that had Battie, Blount, and Keon Clark competing
for the starting center spot sounds like the Clippers to me.  Not
that it matters; this trade was admittedly generated by someone just
fooling around at a website.

(BTW, shouldn't it be something like "PotastInko" (as in "Pot of
Stinko") or even "PotastAnko"?  I mean, what's a "stenko" anyway?)

Bill