Re: a quote to paste on Antoine's locker?

>From: Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu (Kestutis Kveraga)
>
>PS I realize that certain listmembers will be upset with me for expecting our
>players to follow Karl Malone's conditioning example. I apologize in advance
>for being so cheeky as to demand that our players be in shape for their
>7-month-a-year, millions-paying jobs.

I'm not upset; I just think it's unrealistic to expect that.  It'd be
nice, though, I grant you, to have 12 guys with Malone's work ethic
and/or conditioning/buffness.  I'm just not sure that I'd place all
the emphasis on Walker's lack of body definition.  Instead, I'd want
to see him develop more basketball skills (mid-range jumper, post
moves, defense, etc.).  Not that it would hurt to have a body close
to Malone's in definiton, lack of body fat, and the like, just that
improving skills and basketball intelligence would be a better bet
for him, I think.  He's not going to improve his overall game much at
all without working on one or the other (or both), though.

Regards,

Bill