Re: a quote to paste on Antoine's locker?

At 06:18 PM 10/15/00 -0400, Jim Hill wrote:
>>PS I realize that certain listmembers will be upset with me for expecting
our
>>players to follow Karl Malone's conditioning example.
>
>Not this one.
>
>Think this is what Pitino meant when he asked Walker to come to camp with a
>Malone type body?  When Walker identified closer with Pippen I just shook my
>head.....

Actually, I think Pitino first was talking about coming in with a Karl
Malone body, and Antoine said, "Nah, that's not me." And Pitino then
started talking about a Scottie Pippen body. I don't think that Antoine
ever said, "I want to have a Scottie Pippen body," and I wouldn't be upset
if he did say that. Pippen is supposedly a conditioning maniac and is
obviously a highly developed athlete. Pitino's comparing him to these guys
because he's hoping that he can get Antoine to identify with them from a
conditioning standpoint. If Antoine comes in with a "Pippen body" rather
than a "Malone body", I think that's a result that all of us could live
with. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like either is going to happen soon.

Alex