Re: Cofman: Moiso Having Difficulty

    Great points, Mark. Bottom line, Moiso at least has the talent to be a good
defensive player and thus an impact player who helps his teammates play better.
He definitely has a massive upside, to the degree that his defensive effort to
date could not be at a lower starting point. If he's any kind of championship
coach (which he is), then Pitino could get through to him.

    I've come to the conclusion that Fortson wasn't very mobile at all on
defense, after watching some more tapes very recently. My point wasn't that
Boston needs him more than they need Battie, but simply that I respect and find
it easy to root for any player who gets close to 100% out of his talent, as
opposed to a young guy who gets multi-million dollar raises without ever doing a
thing in the NBA (like ranking fourth in the NBA in rebounding or putting up big
scoring/rebounding numbers against the Lakers like the 6-7 Fortson has on his
resume).

    BTW over the course of the past year, I never felt that Fortson was a whiner
or bad chemistry player under the circumstances.

---