No Subject

"And I sure wasn't going to put Vin in the game and not put Patrick back
in the game.  And so I put those guys in the game and we proceeded to lose
the game. And I was upset because I felt like I had made the move based on
politics rather than what was the best thing for that particular game. And
I shared that very frankly with Wally, that I felt that I had been doing a
terrible job because I was playing players, one player in particular, to
keep him happy rather than to win the game. And I said that is no way to
coach."

Westphal said his two-plus seasons trying to motivate Baker was like "a
trip to the dentist."

"I would say for three years it has been a constant puzzle to figure out
how we could get Vin Baker in position to be an All-Star again," Westphal
said. "What buttons to push, what opportunities to give, when to be
encouraging, when to be demanding, when to play him, when to sit him.

"It has taken a long time, and I would say I never got the solution
because he is not much better now than when I got the job."

Sound familiar anyone?

-Jamey