Re: Globe article and Tommy H.

You know, when I hear Tommy raising his voice and yelling at the refs and
players, I always think of us yelling at our tv's.  I mean, football
announcers are way up at the top of the stadium.  The only way the
players, Pitino, and the refs would hear him is if they watch the tape.
But then the camera pans to the ref glaring at Tommy, and I remember that
Mike and Tommy are right down there on the sidelines, just as close as
Pitino.  And he does raise his voice, as Mike has to often remind him to
stay under control.  After all, he does have a microphone on.  I remember
that game that he almost got tossed by the ref...

Anyway, I'm sure Pierce and Walker can hear him sometimes, just as well as
they hear Pitino.  Which is hear, not listen.

And I'm not totally faulting Pitino, or saying he doesn't know what he's
doing, etc.  But come on.  Nice guys don't last as head coach, nor do guys
that don't adjust to matchups.  Look at Westphal, Pete Carroll, and even
Wilkens who isn't doing well now.  You need someone that will make the
spoiled brats ride the pine, at least until the team president/owner fires
you. Oh wait, Gaston is giving Pitino free reign.  So discipline is
Pitino's fault.  And I think it's his biggest weakness.

One thing that Tommy talked a lot about, was what he would do when he
coached.  I wonder if Pitino dubbed it out, like watching a PG movie on
UPN.  Or maybe he left it in for the players to hear Tommy say they should
be benched.  Not like Pitino would ever have the guts to follow through.

Sometimes giving people free reign to walk all over you is not the way to
make people happy.  The players might actually like Pitino more if he
wasn't such a pushover.  What a concept.

Then again, please don't go the other way.  We don't need a madman like PJ
or Calipari.

-Jamey

PS.  Now that they got rid of some of the few self-motivated players in
the league, think Doc Rivers will be the next one to get the axe?  I think
last year bought him one or two more years, and then the prima's will get
him axed as well, as he's too nice of a guy as well.  I still think Cowens
would have been an excellent coach for Walker and Pierce.

Another good thing about Larry Legend, he's such an a-hole, that people
wouldn't want to constantly get on his bad side.  He's not one to forgive
and bury the hatchet the next day.