Re: herren does not equal Kenny..

<<<It's pretty obvious that herren, brunson, and brown are 2nd string point
guards at best.  There's all this talk about how everyone likes what herren
is doing.  I just don't see it.  His assist numbers are terrible and I don't
think his shooting is anything great either.  Supposedly, everyone loves how
he pushes the ball, but from what I've seen, he just seems to run really
hard with the ball left or right in the half court set and accomplish nothing
most of the time except waste his energy.  He doesn't even get open or come
to the ball that well which causes alot of the passes to him to get picked
off.  He gets flustered easily by double teams.  Kenny is light years ahead
of this kid in every category, except defense.  I would much rather have
kenny with the ball at crunch time.  And as I've written before (under a
defunct e-mail address) 3 years ago, the problem isn't kenny folks.  It's
walker.  Way over paid and way overrated.  It saddens me that the C's pay a
guy the max to get swatted about 3 times a game.>>>>>>

Right on Jeff,

I am glad some folks can see the obvious.
Its hardly Kenny's fault the the Celts aren't that glorious.Peter May wrote
about this in the globe today. Coach P is already pining for Kenny.

Yeah Kenny doesn't push the ball super hard,
yeah he doesn't play great defense. But he can pass
dribble, create his own shot and shoot decently.

Folks might complain that he is "selfish" but really
compared to Walker he probably doesnt shoot enough.

I think both Brown and Herren are decent backups though.

The Celts problem is that they have three decent players. Walker isn't and
has never been anywhere as good as Iverson. Remember he wasn't even a top
three pick. Same deal with Pierce. The Celts just don't have
top quality talent.

They have three small but good players, about seven mediocre players...Stith,
Potapenko, Herren, Battie, Brown, Williams, and Carr.

They don't have a single great player.

The other two...Mcarty and Mosio arent really NBA quality at this point.

Three small but good players wont do it against teams
with one or two great small players and one or two big
people.

The Celts should have traded Walker for Grant or Ratliff.

Pete