Philly game-long

Wow, awfully negative for just 10 games and the two PG's who started the
season on IR.

Herren isn't as good as KA at this point.  I'll give him the rest of the
season to make up my mind if he should, IMO, be the starting PG.

That said I'd trade Anderson tomorrow, for cap space next year and a draft
pick or two.  Not because he can't play, but because he doesn't add enough
at his age/contract, to "this" team.

These guy's should be fined every time they shoot an outside shot with more
then 10 seconds on the clock or with no teammates around the paint area.  A
$1000.00 fine each time should do it.  Give a $500.00 bonus for each time a
player shoots with at least one foot in the paint.

You think this is why Anderson won't pass them the ball until all the
players are in their set?

Pitino needs to go back to man-to-man defense like last year.  Let the
players embarrass themselves when they get torched and everyone knows who's
fault it is.  We'll see if the company line about "it's all about defense"
crap actually happens when they have to explain to their friends why they
got showed up, individually.

Design some offensive strategy.  Stop treating the players like X's and O's
and take into consideration WHO the player is and WHAT skill the player has
or doesn't have.  Just because the PF is to bring up the ball doesn't mean
that it should be done with McCarty at the PF.  Just because Anderson should
shoot from the top of the key doesn't mean Brumson should.  Just because
there is a 3 point line doesn't mean Walker should shoot from there.

Pitino should shut up on the sidelines.  He slows down the game when he
takes the players attention away from the game on the floor.  He has time
outs for "coaching".  If the player doesn't do what he's told, put him on
the bench.  Play with three guys on the court if you have to. (Or put in
McCarty and Moiso too, same thing)

I still see some pluses this year over last year.  I think it's a better mix
of players.  Let's screw the "system" and have Pitino and his merry band of
assistants teach fundamentals.  Post moves etc...

I watched Iverson practice shooting before the game by having a big man
guard him so he could get his arc in sync.  I watched the Celt's chuck it
from outside, open shot after open shot.  This is lack of coaching. IMO.

Someone stated that these players are stupid.  That might be a little
strong.  The players aren't put in a position to have a chance to win.
Let's bring back Ford or Cowans.  Bring in DJ.  You think Russell wants to
coach again? Heinson and Cousy? We need a pro level, former basketball
player who knows the game and how to win at this level.

Gaston *must* be looking at his options.  But we are talking about a
complete turnover of the front office again as well.  Pitino cleaned house
when he came in.  Dumping Pitino will be more turbulent then just replacing
a coach.

Is it time for Gaston to sell so the next owner can rebuild the front
office? Can he get reasonable value with this cast of players?

Should Gaston commit to staying the course again, recognize he tried but
failed with Pitino and start over?  But with who at the wheel?  I doubt it
will be Bird considering the bad blood between them.

This is much more complicated then just dumping Pitino.

My prediction (drum roll)  Pitino resigns his position as coach, stays as
President.

Spin's that he couldn't pass up hiring "insert name here" to help the team,
but the only job he would take was head coach.  "It was too big a risk to
pass up the opportunity to hire this outstanding person, leader of young
men".  "I had to step aside for the benefit of the Celtics organization and
our fans".  "I will now be able to focus my attention on the business of
running this team".

(While it is prepared for sale, IMO)

This may be the best scenario for all parties.  Pitino will do at least as
well as Red did the last 10 years as President and we get a new coach who
isn't blinded by Walker.

Sorry for the long post.

<Jim