Don't stop with Pitino

This team showed all the signs last night of a group that has quit on its
coach. Pierce and Walker, our two captains, were the first to jump ship.
It's clear they've decided to do their own thing and ignore Pitino; after
all, why listen to your coach when you can shoot 30 percent and commit 11
turnovers on your own?

Pitino is gone after the season. That's fine. But I refuse to lay all of
this at his feet. Some of it, sure, but these players just disgust me. I
have no stomach for quitters, and that's what this group is. We all worried
this might happen, ever since Pitino basically declared himself a lame duck
after last season. He set himself up for this. I just never thought it would
happen so soon.

So, Pitino is leaving. Fine, but hold the door on your way out Rick. Let's
clean house. Pierce, Walker, you name it. New coach, new GM, new players.
Build with the three draft picks in the summer and position ourselves to be
players in the free agent market. Fill the roster with low-paid,
high-character guys and fill in the stars when you get the chance. Right now
we have too many high-paid, low-character types.

I'm just tired of caring about this team more than the players. At least
Pitino cares. Too bad he hitched his star to the wrong wagon. I feel for any
coach whose career is in the hands of these quitters.

Mark