alltime team

Hi All,

I'm sure this has been done before on the list. I'd like to do it again.
List your all-time Celtic team by positions. Begin with your starting 5
and go from there. I suggest only  choosing players you actually
remember see play, thus no Cousy or Sharman, for me.  Also, please
include only players who spent a good portion of their career with the
Celtics and made significant contributions; thus no Pete Maravich, Dave
Bing, and Artis Gilmore.  I suppose Bill Walton could be eligible under
the significant contribution clause. This will make for many different
teams since some (many?) never got to enjoy the Russell era.  It's for
fun only and as a diversion from some of the day to day drudgery of 20
pt. road losses to teams such as the Wizards. If there's a large
response to this I will create a folder and store the teams to share
with the list.  So in memory of better days and the hope of better days
to come! Oh yeah, using some of the numbers from my alltime team I
managed 3 of 6 numbers in last night's powerball. It's a start towards
becoming part owner of the Celtics and returning them to glory. Bob

Here's my team:

Starting 5
C--Bill Russell  (of course)
PF--Kevin McHale (the incomparable one)
SF--Larry Bird (duh)
PG--DJ
SG--Sam Jones

Bench
6th man--John Havlicek (F/G)
C--Dave Cowens, Robert Parrish
G--JoJo White, Reggie Lewis
F--Paul Silas, Tom Heinsohn

Coach: Gee, let me see...wasn't there a guy named Auerbach who used to
smoke cigars and raise banners?

Honorable Mention:
C: Bill Walton, Wayne Embry, Hank Finkel  ; )
F: Tom Sanders, Bailey Howell, Antoine Walker
G: KC Jones, Nate the Skate Archibald, Paul Pierce