Hawks game

I saw my first Celtics game this season tonight. Fox Sports South carried
it regionally, and I was so glad to be able to see the team in action
instead of just listening on WEEI.  No offense to Cedric and company, (I
think they provide great insight) but it's nice to be able to see the
team's play for myself.

The first half was pathetic. They were playing with no energy and could not
make a jumpshot. The 2nd half we played much better, with improved
penetration, spacing, passing, and shooting.

Paul really took his man to the hole and got fouled numerous times. His
shot wasn't falling, but the Hawks had no one to guard him off the dribble.
He took a few bad shots, but I can't complain about 25 points on only 14 shots.

Antoine only got credited with 2 assists, but he had many passes that led
to the assist. They doubled Antoine at every opportunity, and he passed the
ball out of it pretty effectively, and the next man rotated the ball around
for an open 3. He is really shooting well too, but still  has trouble
finishing his drives. If only he could rise and dunk off the dribble...

I love Herren's tenacity and fire. You could see him yelling at the team
encourgaing them during that 3rd quarter run. He got into it with a couple
Hawks, and I was upset no one really stood up for him. He also did some
tangible things: 9 assists, 0 turnovers.

Vitaly was pretty active off the bench and collected some big offensive
rebounds,...Battie played good yet again, but seems to like to post up 20
feet from the basket. Someone should teach this guy how to get on the
blocks. Mutumbo's effect on the game was suprisingly limited.

All in all, a good win which could have been a devastating loss, similar to
the losses against the Bulls last season.

Rohan

P.S. very glad to have the list back, was only gone for a couple days, but
it was surely conspicious in it's absence from my inbox