Re: Cavs loss

In message <Pine.GSO.3.96.1001106144719.22499A-100000@freenet.buffalo.edu>,
Dav
id A Wickerham said:
> we shouldn't get too high on Herren based
> on one pre-season game.  Remember, Issel traded him and took on a bad
> contract because he didn't think Chrissie could crack the Van Exel - Pack
> rotation.  I hope Herren does well, but I'm not prepared to designate him
> our savior until he's had a chance to work into the system.

First of all, Issel did not have a "Van Exel - Pack rotation" until he traded
Herren.

Issel's problem is he has to win now, and needed an experienced backup for
Little Nicky.  Rumors in Denver are the new owner is impatient, and Issel is
out unless the Nuggets make the playoffs this year.  This was a straight
"future for present" trade by Issel.
--
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmaster@falcon.stortek.com