Re: season predictions

Jamey Rallis wrote:

> I'm tired of the hype already, so I thought I'd share my overall league
> views.
>
> Most overhyped team: Bucks. with so many choices of teams that have done
> nothing or destroyed themselves, from Carter's Raptors, to the Knicks,
> Pacers, Grizzlies, Timberwolves, but I've gotta go with Milwaukee.  I
> can't understand how a team that seems to embrace the idea that there's no
> 'D' in Championship can win consistently.

Toronto by far. Vince Carter is a great player, I'll give him that. However,
his big men have been around since the invention of the wheel, they lack a
true defensive stopper. Their best addition has been Mark Jackson and hes
almost finished. Mo Pete looks like a promising rookie, but you cant get your
second consistent 15+ per game scorer at the position in the draft that they
picked. They're expecting far too much from Corliss Williamson.

> Most Nauseating team: Lakers.  Could there be any other choice?

Not really, though I despise New York, but I do like Allan Houston.

> Most Media-bashed team: Celtics.  When you lose a lot, the more you speak,
> the easier of a target you become.

New York. Even when they win the media there isn't happy.

> Playoff Team most likely to crash and burn:  Knicks.  Nice trades.
> Indiana is close behind, finally.  And Minnesota wins honorable mention.

Toronto - Dont know if they will make the playoffs - see above.

> Team most improved:  Like to say Celts, but I'll go with Seattle.
> Cleveland is up here, too, as long as Z plays.  Also possibly Dallas,
> although I haven't paid attention to them.

Vancouver and the Los Angeles Clippers entire teams, Boston's bench -
Vancouver have now got a pretty reasonable bench, they got Stromile Swift's
potential, their young guys will all improve - lets wait and see how they deal
with Othella Harrington. The Clippers improvement will not show up in the win
tally this season, but they do have a great future [good GMing Elgin!]. With
the strength of our bench and the emergance of Tony Battie (hopefully he can
continue the way hes performing) we certainly are a much improved side.

> Team most underrated:  76ers.  Like to say Celts, but I think the 76ers
> are much better than people think.  And not because they beat a pathetic
> Knicks team.  They get as much respect as the C's.  Phoenix gets honorable
> mention.

Charlotte. I and a lot of others thought that after they traded their star
(Jones) and their most versatile player (Mason) for an inconsistent
one-dimensional scorer (Mashburn) and a solid defensive big man (Brown) that
the Hornets would struggle to even make the playoffs. They've played without
Derrick Coleman and have had a strong start to the season going 2-1.