Re: season predictions

> Funny, that you mention Seattle as most improved, when they got thrashed by
> Vancouver then struggle at times with Denver at home, with Denver coming off
> a very late trip into town.
>
> Also, I would have noted Vancouver as potential for most improved, as they
> did beat Seattle, then when on the road and had a very nice win against the
> Clippers, who frankly didn't play too badly against Utah on opening night.
> Agree with the others on this list.

I tried to base it on my biased opinions before the season started
because frankly, half a week (1 or 2 games per team) doesn't mean much.
And it would have given me an edge because most predictions are supposed
to be in before the season starts, so everyone's on equal footing.  Hence
no bashing on Portland.  I really don't have much faith in Seattle, but
someone must be improved, I guess.  I think Orlando hurt themselves a bit
by giving up some of their insane role players, but they're still better
overall.  I'm not willing to jump on the media's bandwagon, though, no
matter what team it is.  Vancouver is not very different than the Celts,
except they're younger and win less.  Houston could be vastly improved, I
just don't buy it.  Another group of young or overhyped players.  When
guys like Vince Carter and Maurice Taylor can play defense, rebound, and
play team ball, I'll start believing.  Right now they're overglorified
Eric Williamses.  I'd much rather have Twon and Pierce, even if they're
not the biggest defensive studs yet.

Bottomline, Most Improved Team should be up for grabs this year.  No
reason Twon and Pierce (we need a name for the combo) can't lead the C's
to that title this year.

-Jamey

how about Piercintwon?  Or PierceAntoine.

Pronounced PierceNTwon.

Or Antoine Pierce.  Nah.  Paul Antoine?  PaulNTwon?  Ok, time to go home
for the week and get some rest, or maybe some professional help...