Pitino

    I don't think it was the win against the Bulls - I think the man was just given too much power.  When he coached the Knicks, he was just the coach - he didn't make the draft picks, etc. - he got rid of everyone that was there - just gutted the Celtics organization - and then controlled everything, and obviously not well.  I agree with Ellie that we need a more mature coach - I believe he's as immature in his way as any of the young players.  I even think a coach that's real NBA, a former player, probably - could get alot more out of this bunch than Rick will ever get.  We do need some more parts, and to get rid of some deadwood, but - and I could be wrong - I think Rick's lost his credibility with a great many fans and the players.
    Rick would probably still do well as a college coach - that's where he should have stayed.  I've even written to Gaston and asked him to sell the franchise.  I told him I've been a fan since 1955 and have never been as despondent about the Celtics as I am now.  As for Mr. Pitino - he has his money and the fans are the big losers.
Dorine