Peterson working out in Boston this Friday

http://orlandosentinel.com/automagic/sports/2000-05-25/SPTmagic25052500.html

Peterson and Pryzbilla audition for the Magic
By Tim Povtak
of the Sentinel Staff
Published in The Orlando Sentinel on May 25, 2000
Morris Peterson only does one thing really, really well -- and that`s
win.
Peterson, who led Michigan State to the NCAA championship last season,
made a brief stop in Orlando on Wednesday to work out for the Magic in
hopes of becoming a top-10 pick in next month`s college draft.
"I don`t have to score 30 points to think I played a great game. Some
guys have to grab a ton of rebounds to feel that way. I bring a lot of
the little things to the game," Peterson said after his workout. "I
bring a winning attitude. Being at Michigan State made me realize the
only thing that matters is winning."
Peterson is a 6-foot-6, 210-pound shooting guard/small forward who
helped himself considerably with a big performance in the NCAA
Tournament. He is one of the few seniors who is expected to go early in
the draft.
The Magic will pick fifth, 10th and 13th.
Also interviewing/auditioning Wednesday was Minnesota center Joel
Pryzbilla, who is 7 feet tall and expected to be the second center
selected behind Texas` Chris Mihm.
Pryzbilla averaged 13.3 points, 3.8 blocked shots and eight rebounds
last season. He left the team with seven games remaining after being
suspended for not going to class. He is considered an outstanding
defensive prospect with raw offfensive skills. In his final game in
college, he had 33 points, 14 rebounds and three blocked shots in an
overtime victory against Indiana.
"One day, I want to be considered among the top centers in the NBA," he
said. "But I also know I have a lot to learn, and a lot of work to do,
to get there."
Both have been in demand since the draft lottery finalized the order of
selection in the draft on June 28. Peterson worked out in Dallas on
Monday, Houston on Tuesday, Orlando on Wednesday, and he is scheduled
for workouts in New Jersey on Thursday and Boston on Friday.
His appearance in Orlando was a day after the Magic worked out Florida`s
Mike Miller, who he was matched up against in the NCAA Tournament
finale. Peterson outplayed Miller in that one.
"This is my final exam now," Peterson said. "All season long, I worked
and studied for a moments like this. I feel well-prepared, very
comfortable where I`m at.