Re: Joel Przybilla

> Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 07:56:39 -0400
> From: "Berry, Mark  S" <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>
> Subject: RE: more irresponsible speculation
>
> I live in Big Ten country, so I've seen him play a few times. He's not
> Montross. Montross was never considered a shot-blocker or defensive stopper.
> This guy is. He's athletic for a BWG (big white guy-the reason no one on the
> list seems interested). Forget about color. If Przybilla were black he'd be
> compared to Mutombo (who slipped to the third pick, I believe, because of
> concerns about his offense).
>
> Probably a moot point, but the guy is not a stiff. He'll make some GM look
> awfully smart down the road.
>
> Mark

Hi Mark (and everybody),

Przybilla and Chris Mihm seemed to be highly regarded by all accounts and
available reports.

I don't have the same gut feeling. my reason is this:

they're white!

B4 you flame me for being racist (I am a minority - a chinese)
I think big 6-10 / 7-0 white centres are not good investments: check out past
players who's mediocre at best:

Chris Dudley (role player)
Will Perdue (lottery pick but a journeyman - role player - lucky he got MJ on his
side)
Montross (lotto - role player)
Big Country (lotto - overpaid underachiever)
Brad Miller (good coming off bench - that's all)
Gheorghe Muresan
Stojo Vrankovic
Jim McIlvaine
Todd MacCulloch (another Montross in the making)
Todd Fuller (lotto pick - limited abilities)
Shawn Bradley (would you have wasted a franchise pick on him?)
Cherokee Parks
Joe Kleine

We need big nasty shot blockers , don't have to be over 7-0, Bill Russel (6-9) ,
Zo Mourning (6-10), Hakeem (6-10) proved it.

Take Mo!

my 2 cents
kevin