What's good for the goose. . .

Jim,

Let me clarify: there is nothing unfair or cheap about disagreeing with
someone.

There IS something annoying about someone who feels:
a) that they must belittle another person's reasoning or arguments (as
incoherent or ridiculous) in order to disagree with them, and/or
b) planting little "innuendoes" implying other "real reasons" that must lay
behind another's "ridiculous " reasons.

That's what I object to, and that is why I was "whining" - to bring such
instances to your attention. It seems instead that you'd rather do the
passive/aggressive "duck and cover" and pretend you were "only" disagreeing.

If you had simply and reasonably disagreed (as you do below) I'd certainly
have no reason to "whine". After all, there are many reasonable objections
one can raise - as Joe and Josh have shown. I take issue not with what you
"meant to say" as much as how you said it. The tone and wording of your
original post pretty much spoke for itself - you were uncharitable,
denigrating, and implied a "hidden agenda". That's what I echoed in the tone
of my reply.

But I don't take it personal either, Jim, because I've seen you do it to
others.

If they disagree with you, it can't because they simply see the facts
differently. No - you've got to personalize it because they are just reeealy
stooopid and/or have a secret agenda that only you can sniff out (hating
Pitino, Walker etc.). Whatever - you're entitled to your opinions. But I can
be just as uncharitable as you can. So let's stop the silliness and simply
respect other's opinions even if we don't agree. Truce?

-TomM