Re: Why Croshere is a bad idea

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Roy Enrile wrote:

> If the C's go for a forward in free agency, I wish they would look at real
> veteran players who play like the Davis boys (Dale, Antonio), instead of
> Austin Croshere.
>
> All of our big men, including McCarty and Antoine can already hit a stand
> still jumper,

They can? What game have you been watching? Vitaly is our only big guy who
can knock down the open jumper and at the end of the season even he
couldn't. If Walker could ever do that, he would be unstoppable. As of
now, defenders back way off him and dare him to take it. Hey, if I was
coaching the other team, that's how I would play him, just dare him to
take the outside or mid range shot. He can't hit it. Neither can Walter,
he's horrible all around.

We have three very good slashers in Walker, Eric Williams, and Paul Pierce
(you could count Kenny in there too), what we need is an outside threat to
free up the defense. This really would do wonders for our offense. We are
one of the worst perimeter shooting teams in the NBA. When Kenny is your
most consistent outside threat that is saying something. Everybody has
been ignoring this all year. Hasn't anyone noticed that no one on this
team can shoot? I mean Pierce, Kenny, and Dana are OK, but all
inconsistent. Besides that, we are pitiful shooters.

Signing a guy like Austin Croshere or drafting a pure shooter like AJ
Guyton would really help this problem. It would keep the defense honest
and open up the middle for the slashers we have.