Pitino is a piece of work!

I get more disgusted with this guy each time I hear him.
He reminds me of my teenage stepson who never takes
responsibility for anything he does - he has a spin for
everything and it's always someone elses fault.

Success is a choice, eh?  RP dodged a lot of pointed
questions from the media and kept going off in public
speaker mode.  Now it's if the Cs don't improve next year,
RP is outta here because he won't take Gaston's money
for nothing. Really? Not because he can't deal with the
realities of the NBA and needs to hightail it back to
the U of whatever? Well, Rick, don't let the door hit you
on the way out!

Whose fault is it that the team is in chaos?  Fortson's and
Doug Overton? The negative fans?  Give me a break!!
Folks, tell me what this team looks like with Bird at the
helm.

Pitino is a terrible NBA coach and GM, period. Did you
hear him say how lucky Doc Rivers is because "he has
stars on his team - he doesn't have this lack of talent that
you may think."  Doc didn't have anything RP couldn't
have gotten.

He says the bottom line problem is that his players need
to be able to communicate with each other in a positive way.
This is not a retreat - it's in the heat of NBA competition!
I'm all for peace in the world, but let's get real. Bird yelled
at people when they needed it, and that's OK.  It's not
abusive, it's not counter-productive, it's not Bobby Knight
(who should not be allowed anywhere near kids, imho).

Ordway seems to think that player movement can't happen
for the Cs -- I disagree.  They certainly have a decision to
make about Fortson, for one.  And even if they have to keep
the current roster pretty much intact, I think a different
coach could have very different results.  RP is getting
tuned out.  I'd get an ex-player who can command respect
from and motivate young NBA players.

grrr!  I'm off to watch the McDonald's All-American game
to see maybe a future Celtic (at pick#12 or higher).

Other thoughts - I like Calbert Cheaney as a role player.
I still think Fortson is very valuable. They need a backup
point in the worst way.  And someone's got to control Antoine -
RP is definitely not the man for that anymore.  They're not
going to pick up a valuable big man at their position in the
draft unless they take a high school player (why I'm esp. interested
in the game tonight).  I liked Lorenzen Wright with the Clippers -
he's definitely worth taking a look at.  I'd take him over Battie -
he's a better rebounder for one, and can block shots and put
the ball in the hoop.

later,

 --Ellie