Pitino's comments

There was more than that a little earlier, Cecil. He questioned his future
with the Celtics after this season. That's the first time he's done that.
You could hear the longing in his voice when talking about Billy Donovan and
Florida. When pressed on it later, he backtracked a little, but I think the
message was clear. He's got 10 games to go and he's going to look long and
hard for a top-notch coaching position. But what's out there? It looks like
Lavin will survive at UCLA. I can't see Pitino settling for anything other
than a true top-tier program. Maybe Michigan? Would he go back to Kentucky,
if Tubby takes the Hawks or Ga. Tech job? I can't see Pitino settling for
Georgia Tech or the like. I don't know, and I'm sure most of you don't care.
But it sure sounded today like he's leaving the Celts after this season.

Mark