Re: At 12, The Celtics Should Draft...

Ray, have you seen Alton Ford play before?  Today was the first day I heard
of him.  I am familiar with the likes of Gerald Wallace, DeShawn Stevenson,
and Eddie Griffen, but haven't heard much about Ford.

Anyway, I believe the Celtics should try to go for an athletic swingman with
their lottery pick.  Cheaney has been excellent as a defensive stopper, but
we need more offense in the back court.  If you'd still like to look at high
school prospects, players like Wallace, Stevenson, and Jerome Harper would
fill this need.

I am like the idea of drafting Oklahoma State's Desmond Mason.  A 6' 6"
swingman, probably the most athletic player in the draft.  Above average
defender because of his quickness and athleticism.  Has about a 38" vertical
and can throw down dunks that make Vince Carter cringe.  Also has a silky
three point shot he can shoot consistantly.  The only bad thing I saw with
him is that sometimes he can be too unselfish a player, which might not be a
bad thing at all.  I can see him as this year's James Posey.

- thndr