Re: Celts Spoilers, No Way

At 03:16 PM 3/27/00 -0500, Kestas wrote:
>At 17:12 3/27/00 +0200, you wrote:
> >3) Battie might not be able to step up to another level. That's a shame. The
> >failing McCarty experiment also makes me wonder about the wisdom of
>recruiting
> >tall, even super-athletic kids with long spindly legs. These guys aren't
>going
> >to fill-out and develop enough ballast through weight training.
>
>This is yet another load of BS that Pitino's been trying to sell us to
>explain away his favorite pupil's failings.   *Anyone* can add muscle with
>a proper diet, supplementation, and weightlifting regimen.

I beg to differ on the *anyone* statement you made above. One would think
that Walluh and Battie could and should add muscle to their thin frames.
BUT genetics is the big factor here. Most athletes that I know have good
genetics and fill out easily with training and diet but some people  just
gain weight and others can't gain an ounce. I would think different
metabolisms also come into play. Anyway that said, with the advantages of
the Celtics training facility, trainers and nutritionists one would think
some plan could be implemented to bulk them up. Oh well just my thoughts
and YMMV.Later.Mike