Re: Celts Spoilers, No Way

At 17:12 3/27/00 +0200, you wrote:
>3) Battie might not be able to step up to another level. That's a shame. The
>failing McCarty experiment also makes me wonder about the wisdom of
recruiting
>tall, even super-athletic kids with long spindly legs. These guys aren't
going
>to fill-out and develop enough ballast through weight training.

This is yet another load of BS that Pitino's been trying to sell us to
explain away his favorite pupil's failings.   *Anyone* can add muscle with
a proper diet, supplementation, and weightlifting regimen. That McCarty
(and to a lesser extent Battie) hasn't done that is a testament to lack of
effort and/or ignorance about the proper nutritional and training habits.
It's not like he needs to muscle up for a Mr. Olympia competition, only
enough so that a basketball does not significantly influence his center of
gravity when he's holding it in his outstretched arms. Another guy with a
nutritional/weightlifting problem is, of course, Antoine. While his body
composition is OK  for a middle-aged office worker, it's unsatisfactory for
a professional basketball player. Of course it's hard to expect Pitino to
get through to Antoine on this sore point when he can't even convince
favorite son Waltuh to do it.