Re: Fortson

>From: opi@unesco.org

>Pitino-ball is basically an NBA affirmative action program for 6-11 skinny,
>headless chicken dingbats like Bat Girl and Waltah.

I caught a few minutes of the "Rick Pitino Show" yesterday. Perhaps Alex
will do a complete summary, but during the part that I saw Pitino was
talking about Keving Garnett.  He was absolutely drooling over him.  Said he
could do everything.  Score inside and outside, run the floor, defend, play
the whole game without tiring, he went on and on.  He called Garnett one of
the top 3 players in the league.  He went on to say that given his choice,
"for the way we play" (he kept stressing those words) he would choose Tim
Duncan, Kevin Garnett and Stephon Marbury, in that order.  Lobel somehow
failed to ask the question, "so why did you trade for Vitaly Potapenko and
Danny Fortson?".

The other part I remember was when Lobel was asking Pitino about his
reputation as a "control freak".  Pitino seemed genuinely shocked that
anyone would think that about him.  He talked about games in college where
he would sit back and let the team play.  He said he believed people think
that about him because of his President title.  Lobel didn't bother to
suggest it could be because he hasn't stopped yelling orders from the
sidelines for more than 3 minutes at a time since he got here, even during
nights when he was so ill he looked like he might collapse.

Oh yeah, the other thing he talked about was where this team's improvement
is going to come from.  Not the draft, they won't be drafting high enough
for that.  Not free agency, there's no cap room for that.  This team is
going to get better through, are you ready, hard work!

Jim