You gotta be kidding me

Pretty damn hard to win when the refs are handing out free points to the
opposing team. I can think of at least 3 occasions where the refs allowed a
Sixers' continuation when the Celtic foul was clearly before the shot was
away. And we're not talking about the end of the game here.

Not to mention 2 or 3 of Paul's "fouls" were questionable at best.

Still, in regulation we had a chance to win and Paul missed his jumper.

In the first OT we missed four free throws that could have iced it.

And at the 2 OT buzzer, Potapenko missed a bunny put-back that would have
forced a third OT.

I don't blame these guys for missing their shots, I'm just saying we still
had our chances. But the refs were just awful. I'm mostly upset about the
bad calls against us, but there were bad calls against the Sixers, too.

I am becoming increasingly alarmed at the look I've been seeing on Antoine's
face lately. It was most evident the other night when Peeler hit his
game-winning 3, but I saw it in tonight's OT periods as well. It started as
sort of a shocked look (the other night), but now it appears more like
resignation. Like 'The refs won't call them my way... ', 'No matter how hard
we try, we keep coming up empty... ' etc. I am worried that if this 'close
but not enough' stuff continues, he's going to go into a depressive, 'why
bother' mode. It would just really suck after the good play he's had of
late.

Yeah, it was a hard, gutsy game in which the Celtics did well. Particularly,
I thought the game plan of having Cheaney defend Iverson was good. But it's
too bad it had to happen when they were 2 games out of the last playoff
spot.

What a heartbreaker...

Damn those refs!

Rich D.