Re: You gotta be kidding me

This is what Pitino means about being "painfully young." The team has
not yet learned how to win this type of game. The Celts had a 5-point
lead in the last 2 minutes of both regulation and the first OT, yet
couldn't protect those leads because of missed FTs, and failure to get
crucial rebounds. The bad calls hurt (Kukoc makes a pass from the
shooting motion, and the refs call Pierce for fouling him taking a 3!).
Overall the Celts really did outplay Philly, but they also couldn't make
a key play to put the game away.

And, damn it, when is this team going to get a break? Two games in a row
Pierce has made a clutch shot, and the opponent has trumped it. McKie
was not open, Cecil--he caught the ball with his back to the basket,
turned and made a 20-footer with Pierce in his face. Conversely, Vitaly
had an open lay-up to tie the game at the end, but rushed it and hit the
underside of the rim. So while opponents hit miracle shots, Boston
panics on a gimme.

The good news is the Celtics are playing very hard every game. If
there's any justice it will eventually pay off. Sunday would be a good
time to start.

Mike D.