Re: Criticism

>From: "Jaime Salud Castillo, Jr." <jaims@philonline.com>
>
>Obviously, Cecil Wrigt is the guy who hates it most when we try to say "we
>like the improvement now, but Pitino is still not the answer"...

Sorry, I must have missed it when you said that -- at least the first
clause (you certainly harp on the latter one enough, though, at least
for my taste).  Oh, waitaminnit, that's right, I've been lurking on
this list for 5 years or so I haven't seen anything like that written
by you.

>Ain't this list for free speech and a place to say our views and feelings
>whenever we want???
>Everyone's got his/her opinions so we put it here, right?  So why the heck
>does he think that putting our own opinions(especially opposed to his) about
  the "system breakdown" is not welcome?

It ain't, er, isn't.  At least by me.  But hey, you do what you want,
I can't stop you.  I notice that many emails are much more well
thought-out and less strident than yours, though.  Just IMO.  You
probably don't care, nor should you, but hey, it's all about free
speech, ain't it?

>...what a jerk.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too.  (Geez Cecil, you sure called
this one.  And he didn't even have the guts to direct it at _you_!)

ObCelts: For the first time this season, I'm happy with what I see
over the whole last 2+ weeks.  At least they made it interesting near
the end in Phoenix.  With an "off" night from Walker.  (How did he
_not_ get PotW?)

And what's the deal with Danny "Ship Be Sinkin' II" Fortson?   Give
the man 25-35 minutes and he will give you a double double.  And,
instead of looking totally clueless, he looks tenacious under the
boards.  Though he may not be the second coming of Paul Silas, I
can't see thinking of him as completely useless.

I remember four or five games ago, Walker was coming into the game,
turned to Pitino and clearly asked "Three?" while holding up three
fingers and pointing to himself.  Sure 'nough, Battie and Fortson
were in the game, though I forget who the guards were at the time.
This lineup stayed in for a limited stretch, but still ... seemed to
work well enough.  Maybe we'll see the "experiment" next season as
well.

Beat Minnesota.

Bill

--
william l. bird
mailto:bird@pixi.com

"ut deformata reformet, corrigendaque corriget et dirigat indirecta"