Re: Celts Pull Away II: Boston121- Golden State 104

W wrote:

> Joe,
>
> Three Point %s
>
> Shareef - 19 out of 70 - .271
> Antoine - 56 out of 220 - .255
>
> Two Point %
>
> Shareef - 437 out of 940 - .464893617
> Antoine - 445 out of 956 - .465481171
>
> Free Throws
>
> Shareef - 80%
> Walker - 71%
>
> Antoine's also looked like he has stopped shooting the three ball as much as
> in the past and not surprisingly, his percentages have picked up, hes still a
> better scorer than 'Reef., just my opinion.

Warwick, thanks for that info (I agree BTW).

I suppose people can argue that Antoine's FG accuracy and selection is quite poor
relative to other NBA starting power forwards, a role Shareef ("Don't Like
it...") Abdur Rahim rarely plays.

Antoine's career FG% is more what you'd expect from a shooting guard. It needs to
improve and it probably will if he continues to concentrate and he stays in
year-round shape.

Maybe Antoine's problem isn't a matter of offseason exercise but also his diet. I
wonder if the Celtics have a fulltime nutritionist (or whatever they are called)
on staff.

I vaguely remember last year that NBA.COM ran a daily diary of one of the Celts'
benchwarmer, 10-day contract type guys (either Damon Jones or that other one) and
each (very boring) daily entry refered to at least one greasy fastfood eatery the
player ate in before and after each game or practice. That info is not really
surprising in and of itself, but I bet other top athletes of the same age and
maturity (track athletes for example) are a lot more careful about what they eat.
Anyway, I guess as players get older they start to worry more about the calories
in a 7-11 "Big Gulp" or a McDonald's meal. Such things never seemed to have any
effect on my energy or weight back when I was that age, so I never worried at all
about nutrition either.

Joe

****