Re: Playoffs?????

----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Forant <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2000 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: Playoffs?????

> Making the 8th spot in the NBA is like a consolation prize. Play the #1
> seed and out in 3. We don't know what will come of a draft selection, but
> do know the result of 8th place. Some luck and wisdom from our
organization
> (that may need more luck) can bring some more leverages acquiring needed
help.

 My goodness, I'm glad you never coached any of my players or children.  The
fact of the matter is this.  You never know what happens in a short series.
Right now, we are playing very well, and barring serious injury, they CAN
make life miserable for a lot of the teams in this league if they can
continue to give 48 minutes of spirited effort and consistency.

There is no way we should consider this team giving any less now and asking
them to turn it up a notch next year so we can get a better draft choice.
If we don't realize that by now, we never will.  Like Jim H. said earlier,
fans should accept nothing less than 100% effort.  If that effort isn't
enough to win, then the opponents deserved it.

And we have defeated some fairly elite teams this year.  Do you think Riley
relishes the thought of perhaps having to face us in the post-season?  We've
matched up well with them over the last two years.  There would certainly be
no pressure on us and they have not reacted well in similar situations in
the past.

I know it sounds like a broken record, but patience, just like RP said
yesterday, pays off in the long run.

Cecil