Gene and Kirby

Gene you said, "No offense. DR is the worst on the
floor and off. Dallas was stupid to sign him and
realizes that now. DR has no respect for teammates,
ownership, fans, or the game itself. What else is
there? The game itself requires a certain respect and
DR has none. Do you really want to be represented by
someone who plays and acts like that? Or do you
actually watch what he does? It sickens me. Basketball
means something to me and I couldn't support a team
that signed the worst element in the history of the
league."

First, no offense taken. We should always be free to
bounce ideas back and forth. I first cringed about the
thought too. What else is there, you say? How 'bout
more rings than Bird? I liked him his rookie year
(before he was a headcase) and have respected his
talent (not much else) since. He is a winner, although
a lot of his actions boggle the mind. The Boston
Celtics are who I support and dammit Gaston owes us
the chance (every chance) to get to be a better team
and to make the playoffs. I see little downside to
signing him here, with less than a month to go. We
aren't expecting playoffs now anyway, right? Maybe he
can get in and put us over the top. Maybe not. Season
is lost, anyway. If he disrupts the team, well there
is less than a month and it looks like some players
will be gone this summer anyway. Just my take...

Bentz, I like your Pitino scenario, but I doubt he
will leave that much $ on the table and that is what
he is about. I mean, why do those rediculous bank
commercials when you're already making $50 mil. The
only way I see him leaving is if he gets a buyout of
his contract and a lucrative deal at a future spot. I
think he is smart enough to try to manipulate the
media to lure Duncan here, but he is also whining and
I don't see him coming to this fishbowl, at a big
discount I might add. Speaking of Magic, he really did
want it. Magic wanted a little showtime from a
massuese. He allegedly gave her $300 and she gave him
a 3 hr massage in his hotel room. Don't these girls
ever learn? Then he stuck his tongue down her throat
(she is traumatized about the Aids possibilty),
grabbed her while he was mostly naked and talked dirty
to her. She is now considering a lawsuit and police
are investigating. I read this in the paper this am.
Speaking of HOF guards, I liked Oveltine's energy last
night, although the stats didn't reflect it.