Re: clips from the ESPN article

In my opinion, Pitino fully realizes deep down that the Celts' league worst .473FG% symbolizes the failure of his system rather than his players.

I am not sure I understand the logic behind this, unless you are saying the trapping defense takes too much out of players.  But it does not seem we trap as much as we did last year. I do agree pro teams are too smart for this to work consistently. Pitino can't keep AW from launching airball 3's other than sitting him down and suffering the wrath of fans. Pierce has seemd to have a digressed as far as his shooting percentage, Battie just plain has not progessed, VP , a little improvement but still a project, Anderson has had a good year, the rest are NBA journeyman at best.

Lose Barros, Ellison, Conlon & Fortson

This will free up some cap room to go after a Ben Wallace, Bo Outlaw or a Derek Anderson.

Move Walker for the #1 for Kenyon Martin or Elton Brand more suited for the 4 spot.

Take a Haywood,  Demarr Johnson, Eddie House, Chris Porter, Hanno Mottola, Mateen Cleeves, Michael Redd with our pick.

VP

Martin

Derek Anderson

Pierce

Anderson(or trade ina package with the Clippers or Hawks)

Demarr Johnson has the Lamar Odom type talent & size to create matchup problems. I think if Cincinnatti wins it all he will leave, and may leave anyway

Incidentally, I agree with the person (Bentz perhaps) who said that we list-members know about as much about basketball as exists in Pitino's pinkie nail

Although this is what he was brought in for, and I still think he is probably one of the best teachers in the game, I am not sure he has shown this as far as personnel moves. Pitino & Wallace have batted about .000 as far as personnel moves in my opinion.

john

Joe