Re: BUZZER BEATER

> Alex, it's not the buzzer beating shot that has caused this - it started long
 * before that game or that shot.  I don't think anyone's blaming Pitino for lo
 *sing last night's game - you're missing the point.  We were down long before
 *that, but Pitino shot himself in the foot when he attacked the fans last nigh
 *t.
> Dorine

Dorine,

I'm not missing the point. I know that you specifically did not blame Pitino
for losing the Toronto game. But there were several other posts which did,
if you were paying attention. So you are incorrect in thinking that "no
one's blaming Pitino for losing last night's game." There are apparently
people who think that the Celtics are 23-0, and Pitino is 0-35. He gets
blamed for every loss and yet when the Celtics were winning earlier in
the year, he had nothing to do with it. Well, I agree that together they
are 23-35, that it sucks because he has clearly not coached as well as he
did with inferior personnel two years ago (which was a superior job - he
outdid almost everyone's expectations). But there are those among us who
feel the need to pin every loss on him based on nitpicking his coaching
decisions, such as how he defended Carter's buzzer beater. I'm just
pointing out how ridiculous that is.

Alex