Re: The Lady speaks

At 12:25 AM 3/3/00 +0100, opi@unesco.org wrote:
>Greg Ode's point is that the e-mail postings from Way Ray, Lady Nada,
>Snoopy/Poofy all consistently trace to the same PC, regardless of the
>multiple pseudonyms and various alias hotmail addresses that are used.

Let's see that "evidence".  I'm using a local, Florida-based internet
provider, which you can easily verify by going to the provider's own
website.  It's not like I'm signed up to hotmail from anywhere on the
blasted planet.  www.mfi.net is the site.  (pig.net is the old name, which
gives you and idea how many years I've had this service.)

>These posts express such diverse opinions and personality quirks (to put
>it mildly) that even I'm spooked by the evidence. If Greg is right, this
>is a fascinating yet disturbing case of split personality. If he's wrong,
>he without question owes the lady an apology and will no doubt do so (but
>until now, apparently none of these people have ever taken the time to
>deny Greg's accusation, even privately off-list). My personal conjecture
>is that all these people live under the same roof in some sort of
>schizophrenic "MTV Real World" type of arrangement,
>constantly debating about the Celtics and the Clippers. Honestly, I don't
>know what to think.
>
>Greg obviously lacks tolerance for pseudonymous Celts list blowhards
>(which neither Lady nor Snoopy are, but Way tends to personify). But I
>don't believe Greg opposes free expression per say. Certainly not.

Due to recent illness, I only occasionally have time to peruse my e-mail,
which has been backed up for several months now--had I been aware that such
asinine accusations were leveled about me (as opposed to my face), I would
have made it a point to respond right then and there.  And make no mistake,
there will be a concentrated effort to sort through ALL the e-mail this
weekend.

I say now, there are two, and ONLY two options.

1.  Greg was mistaken and careless in his assessment of who is who.

2.  Greg lied.

In either case, he has ONE option.

Apologize.

Not for his stance on public identification of posters in general--while I
disagree with him, he has a right to his opinion on the matter.

No, he should apologize for leveling false accusations in a slanderous
manner, without bothering to perform the simple expedient of checking facts
that can EASILY be verified beyond any doubt.

Simple, no?

poof...