Re: Reggie Lewis/Cedric Maxwell

I felt the same way about Reggie, Elgin. He was, and
is my all time favorite Celtic. I loved watching him
play Jordan, he was one of the few who could
consistantly block Jordan's shot. I remember one game
in particular, nationaly televised...(Remember those
days, The Celts on NBC)where Reggie blocked Michael
twice in a row, and on the other end was eating him up
as well. In Larry's last playoff series, against
Cleveland, Reggie was unstoppable. I vividly remember
a windmill dunk he threw down on Larry Nance and Brad
Dougherty.(sp) He scored like 39 points in one of
those first games. Reggie would've been such a great,
steady influence on a young team.

You're right, this is making me sad too. More sad than
thinking of the current woes of the team. I think I'll
don my Reggie Lewis #35 jersey for my pickup games
down at the Lundholm Gymnasium tomorrow.