Re: Conspiracy Theory

Amy Beauregard wrote:

> W,
>
> I don't know whether to go along with your theory or
> not. Should Pitino get credit for trying to stick it
> to Krause? If he is that smart and that's what he was
> trying to do, then why didn't he try a little
> extortion on Nellie for the 12th pick?

I think it all has to do on which conference the Mavericks and the Bulls
are in. If the Bulls go past the Celts in the east then he loses even
more credibility, eg "Hey, Rick.. When you started the Bulls had Mike,
Scottie, etc, etc. and were a championship team, they had enough time to
rebuild and in two seasons they are already ahead of where your team has
been in a much shorter time frame."

Also (I'm on the Mavericks list among most others)), there were some
ramblings that they were infact interested in Moiso. Someone posed a
question to Nelson and Cuban on the radio and asked which players they
were interested in, they said "Moiso, Courtney Alexander, Keyon Dooling
and Etan Thomas". I have no doubt that the second that Moiso was taken
by the Celtics that Etan Thomas was the big man that they had to take.
Asked why they preferred Moiso over Olumide Oyedeji "We measured Moiso
at 7'0" in sneakers and that was a good two inches taller than Oyedeji."

I believe (with that information) that Pitino decided to play it safe
and take the player that they believed to be the best player that was
left in the draft. As many have said it is clear that Moiso was not
taken for need, but for the sole reason that he was the best player.

Cheers,