Ricky is lying thru his teeth

some Pitino quotes from posted articles of AP/Projo/Globe.

"I'd say he's the best athlete in the draft. Certainly in the front court,"
Pitino said last night after selecting Moiso with the 11th pick. "To go
back to our style of play, we couldn't ask for anything better."

(what!? didn't he admit during mid season his pressing style didn't work in
the pros? why want to go back to something that didn't work?)

"Our owner has told us the future is now," Pitino said. "He says our fans
have been very patient the last six or seven years. We are going to be very
active to try and bring the future a little closer to now. We're going to
be very active and try to bring our fans a winner. It's not over. That's
just one deal. We're going to pursue a lot of different things."

(BSG is right - Ricky will trade away our future so that he can win now to
save his own ass)

Pitino said Gaston directed him "to go out there and do the things
necessary to make you more athletic, to get the job done. . . . He's
obviously been an owner now where they've lost for five or six years and
wants to turn that around."

(how the hell does Gaston know that we need to get "athletic"? he's a
businessman not a basketball nerd. Pitino is speaking for himself)

"The one thing we wanted to do is get more athletic," Pitino said.
"Probably last year was the least amount of pressing I've ever done since I
was in diapers at Boston University. We didn't play like we did the first
year because we weren't as athletic as we'd like to be.

(wtf is he talking about? Didn't last year's team more athletic/talented -
at least on paper - than during Pitino's first year? Isn't majority of the
personnel on the 3rd year team were also on the 1st year team? I hate this
Pitino double talk)