Hail Sesar!

    Well, actually I know nothing about him but he's 6-6 and played
point guard last year in Croatian and Euro league play. His stats will
blow anyone's mind.

    In four pro years (he's 22), this kid shot an obscene .587 on FG
attempts and .781 on FTs while averaging 20.4 ppg overall. He can take
and make his threes too (.418). Last year, playing point guard, he shot
.648 from the field on his way to 16 points and 3 assists.

    I'll repeat, this kid shot .648 from the field playing a perimeter
game. Is this a mistake (it must be)? That's like batting .450 in
baseball or something. I don't care what the level, that is a
mind-boggling efficiency stat for a perimeter shooter. Even if an NBA
shooting guard went back and played high school basketball for a season,
he might not be able to shoot 65% unless he  was amazingly selective on
his shot selection.

    If he fell this far, he must really be an atrocious defender. I hope
we bring Sesar over and work on americanizing him right away. How does
"Joe Caesar" sound?

****