Re: Bye Bye

Everyone on this list seems to hate the pick, but everyone I've heard on
ESPN radio, or the ESPN web site seems to think it was a good pick.  Quoth:

 PF Jerome Moiso, 6-10, UCLA
A lefty who can run the floor very well for a big man, Moiso is tall and
thin. He does well off the offensive glass. The Celtics had to get bigger in
the draft, and with this Frenchman they do. Moiso scored double figures both
his seasons at UCLA, and with his long arms does block shots. The Celtic
won't rely on him to score too much, but he should help right away.

Source:  http://espn.go.com/nba/draft00/s/draftanalysis.html

Let's hope he really does help right away.  Maybe now Battie can be dumped
somewhere for deflated basketballs or used jock straps.  Or maybe Danny
Fortson can go to the Clips for Derek Anderson in a sign-and-trade, with
Moiso filling Fortson's role right away?  It's way to early to call this the
"Season from Hell" as Ray has done.  We'll know by January.  Let's hope the
experts' optimism is well-founded.
-d