Re: my mock draft

--- You wrote:
I haven't posted in a long time, but this draft has caught my interest.
Since the Celtics have only three players who deserve to be in the NBA,
this draft pick could really help the team in the long term.  I think
Pitino wants to do the right thing and pick a potential superstar, even
though that player may not help much this year.
--- end of quote ---

Huh? "Three players who deserve to be in the NBA"? By your reckoning the Lakers probably only have two, and bad teams like GS and Chicago, one or none. Even by these harsh standards,  we might discover that we have more "NBA players" on the roster than some of us thought when these players are not subjected to "headless chicken outbreak" tactics and incessant micromanagement from the sideline at 110 dB anymore.

And, as if we needed any more proof that Pitino's been planning his exit routes for months now, the U.Miami talks  pretty much should kill the naive hope that Rick Pitino "will do the right thing".  IMO, Pitino cares about the Celtics only insofar as they make him look better, and you know what that means - this year's gain for long-term pain, if he can swing it. Btw, same goes for Thanksdad, except replace the "look better" with "make richer".  We're not talking Celtics-for-life like Tommy or Larry here...

As far as picking a "potential superstar", this rests on the assumption that Pitino could identify talent if it hit him in the head. IMO, it's an unwarranted assumption - e.g., just recall how much trouble he had making up his mind on whether to select Pierce, when Paul dropped into his lap.
Kestas