my mock draft

I haven't posted in a long time, but this draft has caught my interest.
Since the Celtics have only three players who deserve to be in the NBA,
this draft pick could really help the team in the long term.  I think
Pitino wants to do the right thing and pick a potential superstar, even
though that player may not help much this year.

I think there very well could be several last minute trades tomorrow,
making things difficult to forecast.  This draft will be as exciting and
unpredictable as the '98 draft.

The most likely trade (which I'm including in my mock draft) is the
Clippers trading #3 to Orlando for #5 and #13.  The Clippers want to to
take Darius Miles, but his agent is threatening them with holding out.
They don't want to have a Steve Francis situation.  The Clippers still get
Fizer and acquire an extra pick, allowing them to fill an extra need
without signing an expensive free agent.

As an alternative, Orlando might send #10, #13, and some cap fodder to
Portland for McGrady's friend Jermaine O'Neil.

Okay here we go:

1. Nets - Kenyon Martin

2. Grizzlies - Stromile Swift

3. Magic - Darius Miles

4. Bulls - Chris Mihm - All the talk about him being soft and having bad
workouts is a sham.

5. Clippers - Marcus Fizer - Thanks for the memories Maurice Taylor.

6. Hawks - Mike Miller - Fills the small forward need they've had for
the last 50 years.

7. Bulls - Courtney Alexander - He's a gunner and a ball hog, but that's
exactly what the Bulls need.  The Bulls might be too weak to attract top
notch free agents, so they need rookies who are NBA ready.  Mihm and
Alexander fit the bill.

8. Cavs - Joel Przybilla - The Cavs are happy to take him over
Tsalikidis to avoid the contract headache.

9. Rockets - DerMarr Johnson - The Rockets can't believe he's still
available.  If the Bulls really don't like Mihm, I can almost see them
taking DJ at #4.

10. Magic - Iakovos Tsakalidis - The Magic can't put all of their eggs in
Tim Duncan's basket.

Well I guess that's all anyone cares about.  I hope everyone enjoys the
draft.

Okay a few more:

11. Daaa Celtics - Jamal Crawford - Notice how you haven't heard a single
word about him from Pitino and Wallace via the reporters they give a few
crumbs to?  The silence is deafening.  The Celtics won't trade this pick
until they know Crawford is gone.

12. Mavs - Jerome Moiso - Most upside available.

13. Clippers - Keyon Dooling - Fills their biggest need.

14. Pistons - Eric Barkley - Gives them a scoring/athletic point guard
who compliments Grant Hill (if he stays).

15. Milwaukee - Etan Thomas - Fills ups some space in the front court.

16. Sacramento - Olumide Oyedeji - With Divac and Weber, they have time
to let him develop.

17. Seattle - Morris Peterson - Doesn't really fill a huge need, but he's
better than Brent Barry and is the best player available.

18. Clippers - DeShawn Stevenson - Good luck in free agency Derek
Anderson.

That's all I've got.

Jeremy