Re: WEEI C's Trade Rumor

Jim M. stated:

>I was just thinking, though, that Pierce still has two more years left on
>his rookie scale contract (plus the 5th year right of first refusal), right?
  >And, after this year Walker's base year compensation issues are gone,
>aren't they?  So, shouldn't we give it one more try with this nucleus?  If
>they improve great, but if not they will both be tradeable and we'll have
>two high draft picks and a new coach.  Not to mention what should be a
>promising young player with upside from this year's draft.  <cut>

I agree completely.  I would even trade the #11 for another pick next year
and cap relief.  The important issue is the improvement of who we have.  AW,
PP, VP, TB, AG, EW, WM.  If these guy's step it up there will be tradeable
assets next year or you have holes filled that open other options.

IF, and it's a big IF, EW comes in and can contribute at the 3 that will add
a lot to this current team.  Same with Battie.  These two getting to the
next level is crucial to the teams success or lack thereof.  Considering
their contracts if they don't step up, the Celt's are in serious cap
problems like the Wizards for a few more years.

<Jim