Re: WEEI C's Trade Rumor

A question. Aren't the potential free agent not free until July 1? Therefore,
couldn't they be traded up until then, essentially trading their Bird rights?

Also, here is a season ending summary for the Warriors.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/examiner/archive/2000/04/20/SP
ORTS13616.dtl

I kind of like the trade. We potentially solve all of our problems without
having to wait for some "upside" in the future. We get a nice, young backup
point guard with a little size (6-3) and possibly a PJ Brown type of power
forward in Foyle. Marshall can provide some offense inside and outside off
the bench. This trade would fill all of our immediate needs. However, the
salary cap issue has to be solved. Even if you could do it in today's money,
we would have to throw in other cap busters since Marshall has one more year
at huge money...

DJessen33