Re: Jermaine O'Neal trade (to Chicago)?

<< This just arrived from an informed source near the Portland Trailblazers.
It
 appears that the Chicago Bulls and the Blazers may have consumated a deal
 sending Jermaine O'Neal and future considerations to the Chicago Bull for
 the #4 pick in the 2000 draft. Internal sources at both teams declined
 comment, but a Bulls source did acknowldge if it were a done deal, it would
 be announced within the next 24 hours. >>

This makes a lot a sense. It is makes alot more sense than us getting O'Neil.
After reading about O'Grady and his potential problems being a base player
and a sign and trade, I came to realise that O'Neil is a base player also. He
would be really difficult to trade to anyone but the Bulls, Clips or Magic.
The Celtics getting him is a pipe dream. Sending back another base player
like Battie is even harder. Now I think the Blazers want to get in a position
to get Mihm as a backup to Sabonis to fight off Shaq. I think the 4 pick for
O-Neil is a little high, however. The 7 pick, for perhaps Tsak, makes more
sense...

DJessen33