Re: misc. draft info

--- Ellie Cutler <ellie@oreilly.com> wrote:
> I'm pissed off that the Boston papers are mum
> on the Celts draft workouts -
> I always look forward to reading about the
> players. So screw them - here
> are what some other teams are writing about
> those same players:
>
> The Chicago Tribune has an article about big
> Michigan PG Jamal Crawford and
> mentions Boston as one of the places he's
> scheduled for a workout.

Reminds me of a rawer version of Jalen Rose.

> Great Rockets draft page writes up several of
> the players we'd be looking
> at (Moiso, Pryzbilla, MoPete, Mike Miller,
> Samake...):

Pryzbilla's long gone before the C's draft especially with
the latest Tsak and Mihm difficulties.

> http://www.clutchcity.net/draft.cfm
>
> Who will definitely be available at the 11th
> pick?
>    Morris Peterson
>    DeShawn Stevenson
>    Jerome Moiso

Moiso may go to Houston. his stock is rising.

> Who could slide, ala Pierce:
>   Tsak the Greek
>   Corey Alexander
>   Mike Miller
>   Darius Miles

Miles, no chance in hell. MJ has already annoited him as the next
Garnett. Alexander's a bad boy, bad boy, what you going to do, what
you going to do, when they come for you. Miller, a slight, iffy,
perhaps chance of being there. With the two center falling down -
Tsak and Mihm, and not getting up, the SF/SG types are going to
be in demand.

> Who I wish!
>   Stromile Swift
>   DerMarr Johnson

DerMarr who can touch 12.5 feet is another hot commodity.

> Worth a look in the second round:
>   Khalid El-Amin (would take him in a
> heartbeat)

5-9, 200-pounder going in the first round.

>   Jamal Crawford

He could go in the top ten. He's the designated pre-draft camp
superstar.

>   Michael Redd  (SG)

Playing well at the Bible Belt to reclaim a spot in the first round.

>   Donnell Harvey
>   Jamaal Magliore

They both could go in the first round.

> Who I'd take at 11:
>    Johnson, if he slides, otherwise:
>   Morris Peterson!  Talent, teamwork, and
> maturity all in one package.
>
> Forget any big men at #11. If they were any
> good, they'd be gone in the top
> four.
>
>  --Ellie

Toots, they are taking a big man at 11.