Re: Walker Getting In Shape

I think you're right Dwain, that it will take one more bold move, and Pierce
is the guy. Here's a thought: McGrady officially took away any leverage
Toronto might have had in sign-and-trades with his declaration Thursday that
it would be "very difficult" to re-sign him. I'll be shocked if Toronto gets
any offers remotely close to Paul Pierce-type talent. How about Pierce and
cap filler (to make it work) for McGrady and Antonio Davis (another guy they
have to move, without leverage)? Or Pierce and filler for McGrady and
Rebraca?

Of course, the hardest part might be convincing McGrady to accept a
sign-and-trade to Boston. But McGrady-Walker gives you a pretty versatile
pair at 2/3/4, and McGrady can even play some point guard. Throw in the big
bodies from Toronto, and it sounds like a winner.

Just a thought...

And here's another... Denver suddenly is loaded at PF, with McDyess,
LaFrentz and Keon Clark... Do you think the Nugs would entertain a Pierce
for McDyess swap, reuniting Pierce with Kansas chum LaFrentz. Now, obviously
other players and/or teams would have to be involved, but those two would be
the principals.

I don't know. But I bet we'd be surprised at the names that might become
available if we threw Pierce's name out there.

Mark